Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when you think you have seen it all......:laugh::laugh::laugh:

more pics here

https://www.arlnow.com/2016/08/19/test-driver-flips-mercedes-in-dealership-parking-lot/

A woman in brand new Mercedes-Benz SUV somehow managed to run into several parked cars and flip the SUV just seconds into a test drive.

The incident happened just before 11:30 a.m., at the Mercedes dealership on N. Glebe Road in Ballston.
We’re told that the driver was just beginning a test drive, in the dealership parking lot, and might have mistaken the gas pedal for the brake. She crashed into four vehicle before the SUV rolled on its side.
Four people who were in the SUV at the time managed to get out before police and firefighters arrived, we’re told. One dealership worker was evaluated by medics for a possible back injury. No one was seriously hurt.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,857 Posts
I had a new loaner once. Couldn't figure it out. Had to have the service attendants teach me how to drive :D

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Back in the `90 when I owned my first Benz's, the local chapter of the MB Car Club would arrange DIY sessions at local dealerships. I have spent many an hour in the service bays of that dealership - American Service Center (now known also as MB of Arlington, Virginia), doing maintenance, repairs, pranking and hanging out with other like minded gear heads. Of course, a cold beer or three at a close by pub was always called for after a successful day of wrenching.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Saw this on Jalopnic today, comments were pretty funny. I'm sending it to my salesman working on getting an SLK43 demo in. Should make him sleep easier.

I had a loaner this week, looked something like this, didn't note model. I don't think it would ever get up enough speed to do this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts