Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
*Registered
2004 SLK55 AMG
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello friends,
I share my solution to check, test and coding offline electronics units for (R171 only) with this hardware.
After spent more time to unmount/mount electronics parts in my car, i find a solution to best operate.

https://components101.com/asset/sites/default/files/component_pin/OBD2-Connector-Pinout.png
A module called "Central Gateway" interfacing data signals to communicate with PC and all others electronics unit by CANBUS systems, 3 differents:

Canbus D for Engine motor
Canbus B
Canbus C

Software to communicate with is Xentry or Das and interface is Compact3/4 or passtrought: no need last version but R171 off production in 2011 year.

I was search a picture to explain each bus type connectivity

In first time i using a old central gateway coded with my setup car option and after i connect electronics units to test.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,087 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. So this is a method to manipulate other control units (besides the CGW) when they are not attached to a car? What are your most commonly used PC software programs?

·
*Registered
2004 SLK55 AMG
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing this. So this is a method to manipulate other control units (besides the CGW) when they are not attached to a car? What are your most commonly used PC software programs?
I have editing my first post, all news writing here :p

·
*Registered
2004 SLK55 AMG
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Example of day: playing with Comand ntg2.5 ....

Interface passthrough Tactrix and XentryPT

Next step install all in box (CGW+ODB2 connector)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts