Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Tesla

I got to test a new Tesla Roadster (the one that looked like the Lotus Elise) in late 2009 in Germany when it was delivered to a German friend of mine. That car had the upgraded power unit and even the std Roadster was capable of 0-60mph (0-100kph) in about 3.9 sec on a full charge. That is a lot faster than my SLK55 will go and it is not slow. It was a very impractical toy but so is a Lotus. Fun to drive though and very quick up to 125mph.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got to test a new Tesla Roadster (the one that looked like the Lotus Elise) in late 2009 in Germany when it was delivered to a German friend of mine. That car had the upgraded power unit and even the std Roadster was capable of 0-60mph (0-100kph) in about 3.9 sec on a full charge. That is a lot faster than my SLK55 will go and it is not slow. It was a very impractical toy but so is a Lotus. Fun to drive though and very quick up to 125mph.

I drove one with the 2 speed gearbox. Only Tesla made that looks good and I would actually consider buying. Quick and fun! However the car lacked any sort of character because it was a rebadged Lotus and it felt like they just did not even try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts