Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a place just down the road doing a Terraclean service, anybody have any experiences good or bad to share about the process?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,308 Posts
if that is the same as 'fuel system service' for $159, i had that done by mb

·
97,308 Posts
here it is:

fuel injection service - consisting of:
carbon removal/vacuflush
fuel-injector cleaner/fuel-injector flush/pressure flush
throttle-body and intake cleaner
fuel-system cleaner (also known as Techron concentrate which I do anyway every 3000 miles).

·
97,308 Posts

·
97,308 Posts
well, it was only $159 here in the states which was not a lot of $ even for MB service

·
97,308 Posts
i noticed the difference when mb did mine. i think i had it done at 60k.
if it was mb i would say, ok. anyone else, no matter how impressive a website or consumer comments are, i am leery. why don't you try the techron treatment yourself (one bottle couldn't hurt) and see how it performs?

·
97,308 Posts

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
An interesting point about Terraclean:-

As a part of the Terraclean service they also apparently clean the idle speed controller and the throttle body, which may explain why some people report a smoother idle after the service is done rather then the Terraclean itself. They also disconnected the battery I think which resets the ECU so if your car has a mild idle issue due to your ECU compensating for a learned problem, it won't show up right away after this service is performed I imagine, it'd take a bit for the ECU to relearn the problem which may make it seem like it's fixed your issue at first.
The actual Terraclean fluid is mostly petrol with a few standard petrol additives in it (data sheet attached). If you use a premium petrol in your car (as per MB spec (e.g. Shell V-Power Nitro)) you will get the advantage of these additives all the time, and not just for two 20 minute sessions (standard Terraclean procedure).

One of the biggest 'media' exponents of the system 'Ed China' actually works for them - a fact he tends to keep a little bit quiet about - I wonder why?!!!

Attachments

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Walmart was out of it, but auto depot had it, as well as autozone here in IL. The slk has a full tank so it has to wait until the next fill up but the Jeep was on E, a perfect time to use it.

thanks JB :tu:

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Last nights dinner part 3

I had a date with a mechanic. He asked for a ride in Bella, of course I would never say no to anyone for that. At the end of the ride, I dropped him at his car and we sat there idle for about 15 minutes. As he was about to leave he said "you know there is a slight hum coming from the engine when was the last time you had this serviced". Then I went through the check list and told him I have only owned it a month. He then said "your pistons probably need cleaning this is what you do, wait until you're down to 1/4 of a tank and"

I cut him off and said "put in a fuel additive?"
he replied "yes, you should use"
I cut him off again and said "techron"
his eyes got big and he laughed and said "yeah how do you know.."
I cut him off for the final time "did it yesterday morning, now im going to drive it like I stole it to see if it works..I got this"

Hand to god.. I could not make this stuff up. GO ON JB WITH YOUR BAD SELF!!!Y)

·
Registered
155 Posts
slightly confused

what would you guys recommend, is this something I should consider doing ?

My SLK got something like 82k on the clock

Thanks for your thoughts

Phil

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.