Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Jeff,

My pack of Techron arrived today and I have treated the 55, 320 and my wife's Boxster.
I told my wife that you said it will clean the injectors, valves, throttle body, spark plugs, windscreen, carpets, seats, tyres, gearbox oil, wiper fluid and also check the tire pressures.

I hope you were right, or she will hunt you down.>:D

Attachments

·
Registered sold my 2014 SLK250 CDI
121 Posts
Techron

Hi i just watched a report on "Techron" on you tube by Chris Fox, if his results are anything to go by, i would run for the hills because you may as well have burned your money instead.:frown:
I nearly forgot to add the only fuel /engine cleaner i have seen work is Terraclene, but its a garage job takes a couple of hours. Definite results and only costs around £80 in the UK

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
106,116 Posts
Hi i just watched a report on "Techron" on you tube by Chris Fox, if his results are anything to go by, i would run for the hills because you may as well have burned your money instead.:frown:
I nearly forgot to add the only fuel /engine cleaner i have seen work is Terraclene, but its a garage job takes a couple of hours. Definite results and only costs around £80 in the UK
Well I have used it forever and if you read my thread, Mercedes uses it.
and I trust Mercedes more than Chris Fox

http://www.slkworld.com/general-dis...ock-sluggishness-hesitation-top-tier-gas.html

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I trust you more than Chris Fox.

And Techron is a great excuse to put the boot into the 55.

Just to get those injectors flowing.:grin:

·
Banned
804 Posts
Well you bought the wrong stuff. There is a new product by the same company that comes in a blue bottle especially for those dirty fuel injectors. It costs the same as the stuff in the black bottle, and you dump it in every 1,000 miles. So you had better order a couple of cases of it too!>:D

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh well,

No harm done, $12 a pack is not going to break the bank.

I'll have a look for the 'Blue' bottle.

Is this the one?.

Chevron PRO-GARD Fuel Injector.

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
106,116 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.