Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an 06 SLK 350. On the back side of the rear view mirror there is a strip of tape which has a printed circuit on the opposite side. I have found no info on what it is or is for. Does anyone know?

Thanks

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,314 Posts
maybe the dealer's inventory bar code?

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Maybe you're under surveillance by the CIA or something...:gh:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe you're under surveillance by the CIA or something...:gh:

LOL. That could be ! It was not completely secured so I eaisly pulled it off and that's when I noticed the circuit on the back side. It looks very legit. even has some small printed numbers in one corner. I was hoping that I wasn't alone....:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I checked mine before I posted; nuttin' there but the mirror body.

HEY, maybe it's a homing device! Independence Day IS just around the corner(I love that movie!!!)!

·
97,314 Posts
i still say mb lot inventory control

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
RG, based on what lkchris said, is this the inside or outside(driver side) mirror, and is it on the outside of the mirror body or the back of the mirror "glass"(inside the body)?

And only John, Theregans, only John :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RG, based on what lkchris said, is this the inside or outside(driver side) mirror, and is it on the outside of the mirror body or the back of the mirror "glass"(inside the body)?

And only John, Theregans, only John :)

The rear view mirror, center of the windsheild. On the back side body of mirror. I'll take some pics and post up.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Looks like something used for inventory and tracking. It could be something the MIB use also to track extra-terrestrials (notice the word: ALIEN on the strip) :biglaugh:

·
97,314 Posts
This is like being married! What did I say in post #2? Inventory! Geeze Louise!!!!!

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,526 Posts
Thank you ! Case closed... It can now be tracked to the trash truck.

Yes, you were correct JBanks15 :Beer:
No get it back.
you can start a game with it, send it on a trip, mail it to someone, they carry it around for a while then they mail it off to someone else etc. etc. etc.

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,526 Posts
No get it back.
you can start a game with it, send it on a trip, mail it to someone, they carry it around for a while then they mail it off to someone else etc. etc. etc.
Or do you know someone who's paranoid! or into conspiracy theories,
stick it on something of theirs that they will find after a few days.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.