Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK250 CDI
291 Posts
Yes mine has come on a few times ,, usually while on the motorway approaching services !!!!!
( using the satnav )

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
5,830 Posts
Has any one seen the take a break /coffee light warning come on?
Yes it normally comes on when I have an early start for a breakfast meet and I am halfway through the journey. Very annoying when you cannot remember how to switch it off.

·
Registered 2017 SL400
1,155 Posts
I think it comes on after about 2 hours of driving or if it it detects "drowsy" driving. I have mine disabled.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
5,830 Posts
It becomes active after 20 mins of driving. See pdf copy of the relevant notes from the US version of SLK Manual ( I cannot scan the UK Manual pages) which for all intents and purposes is the same as the UK's

Attachments

·
Registered 2015 SLK200
55 Posts
I saw that a couple of times on sunday. Easy enough to get rid of but I take exception to the coffee cup - I'm allergic to coffee. I think there should be an option to change the image to something else.

And anyway. How does it deduce 'drowsy driving'? I was simply pootling down the M6 with the cruise control set to 75. Not in any particular hurry and it came on after about 3 hours.

·
Registered 2011 SLK250
583 Posts
I am also curious how attention assist detects drowsiness. The most informative information I found so far was that it used around 70 parameters, to decide (very helpful).

I guess they intentionally keep it a secret.

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,466 Posts
I saw that a couple of times on sunday. Easy enough to get rid of but I take exception to the coffee cup - I'm allergic to coffee. I think there should be an option to change the image to something else.

And anyway. How does it deduce 'drowsy driving'? I was simply pootling down the M6 with the cruise control set to 75. Not in any particular hurry and it came on after about 3 hours.
My preferred long distance caffeine drink is a tin of Red Bull.....

As someone who use to regularly drive 1000 miles a week (In a s#!ty 65bhp diesel car..) as a computer engineer, I'd say it's quite easy for a car to detect a tired driver: The biggest giveaway is when on the motorway & Your struggling to perfectly track the white lines of Your lane and You keep making big adjustments to stay in lane. Now days, talking on a mobile phone creates the same phenomena....!! :|

·
Registered 2014 SLK350
45 Posts
Mine is activated but I have never seen the coffee cup in my display ever.

Honestly, I would prefer my SLK to display a glass of 18yo Single Malt Glenmorangie instead.. 😂

·
Registered -->Looking
80 Posts
Mine is activated but I have never seen the coffee cup in my display ever.
I have seen more than one SLK for sale with the coffee cup displayed but without any accompanying warning. The car is running but not moving according to the tach and speedo. I hope the same is true with whatever I eventually get like apparently yours.

Honestly, I would prefer my SLK to display a glass of 18yo Single Malt Glenmorangie instead
I'm not familiar with your single malt but I would find a pic of any of my favorite libations even more distracting. >:D

·
Registered 2016 SLK300
25 Posts
Mine used to come on when I needed tires and it would be raining. Small micro steering adjustments triggered it as I would course correct. Paying closer to tire tread now, and an alignment helped for better tread life.

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
737 Posts
The system builds a driving profile during the first hours of driving, then if the driving inputs change in predetermined ways the system will alert the driver.
In my experience it's pretty good except when you change drivers mid trip, which has led to false alerts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts