Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· *Registered
2007 SLK280
587 Posts
they have been sending recall notice continuously for years . they want their airbag back.

i might bring it to them if they give some Freebie lol.
joke a side, i got a call 9month ago saying they have airbag in stock. call them and check

· *Registered
2006 SLK200K
65 Posts
Still waiting for my date to have this work carried out. 5 months have passed since initial letter. Dealer says they are awaiting parts! This only shows Mercedes in a bad light. They need to get their finger out.

· *Premium Member
2016 SLC300
1,099 Posts
Still waiting for my date to have this work carried out. 5 months have passed since initial letter. Dealer says they are awaiting parts! This only shows Mercedes in a bad light. They need to get their finger out.
That’s very odd as I had my recall letter in early November, called my local dealer in Cheltenham and the only holdup was they were fully booked until mid Dec, so I settled on the 6th Jan (today).
I arrived as booked at 12.15, they sat me down with a coffee while the car was taken into the workshop. Just after I finished the coffee, they returned the car with its new airbag (which comes with new steering wheel buttons, so no more scratches).
No hard sell to say they’d found x and y that needed doing (as my Lexus dealer had done when that had its airbag replaced), just a smile and “your car’s ready”.
This could almost reinstate my trust of dealers … almost!!

· **Registered 2009 SLK200K - From Kent, UK
6,362 Posts
Interesting, on the Government MOT History website it is showing no recalls for the car - an early facelift 2008 280. Here I see that 2008 cars with recalls. Is there any other way of checking?
It seems facelifts are not in the recall or with this fault . 🧐🧐
mine is not last check up .
but mates early 54 plate was like others on here .

· *Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
39 Posts
Question. What Years and Models are being recalled. I checked the government site and the Mercedes site and my VIN does not show up. I have a 2005 SLK55, built on Feb 2005.

· Administrator (Canada)
23,819 Posts
Question. What Years and Models are being recalled. I checked the government site and the Mercedes site and my VIN does not show up. I have a 2005 SLK55, built on Feb 2005.
is this where you've checked?

· *Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
39 Posts
is this where you've checked?
I did check this site. Nothing came up.

· Administrator (Canada)
23,819 Posts
I have the same response for when I check for my CDN car/site. I'm 90% certain mine has not been replaced but I get a "no recall for my car" when I check gov't site and MB Canada as well.

· *Premium Member
2013 SLK350/2008 SLK280
161 Posts
I have just had my drivers airbag replaced this morning free of charge at a main dealership because it was a recall item.

It’s a 2008 280.
The SRS light was also on, not related it was the passenger seat. Probably my fault for hoovering under the seat last week?
However, dealership refused to reset it because it wasn’t part of the recall!
They wanted me to pay £198 to diagnose the problem, then pay for anything required.
I’ve bought and had serviced 6 Mercedes from them over the years, and this is how they reward customer loyalty!
Oh well, I suppose I did get a free coffee 😹

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.