Mercedes SLK World banner

Which October weekend is best for you to take a ride through the wonderful roads in Tennessee?

• The first weekend of 5-6

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • The second weekend of 12-13

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • The third weekend of 19-20

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • The last weekend of 26-27

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK 55 w/P30
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Living not quite 100 miles from the Dragon we ride there at least a couple times a month law-enforcement really isn’t an issue but we are on sports bikes never had our little car up there but there are several routes up that way that would make a great place to cruise with the SLK’s. Name the date and location and I’ll do my best to get there.
Read above. The Americourt motel and the third weekend in October.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Never done it in an SLK (but would love to). Have done it a number of times on two wheels! Originally a NC native?. Would definitely suggest second or third weekend for best color. Be sure to get a photo at the “tree of shame”!

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I’ve got some tentative commitments from an additional four cars. I contacted the hotel, they will give us a discount if we get enough people. I have already placed my reservation for the third weekend of October. It seems there is a distinct possibility that if we get enough people we can fill this hotel. If you contact them for reservations, make sure you let the hotel know know that you are with the SLK group.
Mensra,
Mind if I advertise this on a few of the Facebook SLK groups?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Absolutely, great idea! The more the merrier.
I know we talked about creating another post for the event. I think it would be easier if a new post was created that way folks from FB can quickly see the details of the weekend without having to scroll through this thread.

·
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Whoever has made up their mind that they are going, can you post on this thread that you have made your reservations? Or at least confirm that you will be in the area and what day?

·
Registered
459 Posts
@Mensra Thanks for the invite. It certainly sounds like fun, but I have to decline. Problem is, my little buddy is now 14 years old and blind. He no longer enjoys riding in the car and gets very stressed out in new places so neither bringing him or boarding him are viable options.

·
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
@Mensra Thanks for the invite. It certainly sounds like fun, but I have to decline. Problem is, my little buddy is now 14 years old and blind. He no longer enjoys riding in the car and gets very stressed out in new places so neither bringing him or boarding him are viable options.
You have me understanding you 1000%. If my little boy was not happy doing something, that would no longer be part of my life, either. Make sure you give him a big hug, let him snuggle and always tell him you love him. 0:)

81 - 93 of 93 Posts