Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Curious - Has anybody had the sublime experience of taking an SLK (manual OR automatic) on the Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap in the Great Smokey Mountains? I haven't had the pleasure yet but it is one of those things that have to be on my bucket list. One day soon...R):grin:
Rick

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,909 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,584 Posts
Was On the Tail in August on My HD Electra Glide

Had lots of fun on the bike, also, there are pro-photographers on several corners. They shoot everybody that comes by, bike or car and post the thumbnails on websites for you to purchase. That is if you feel that your "driving/riding" is impressive enough to want to document. They also document those that do not make it all the way round with the shiny side up. Search the net and you will see all the crashes that have been documented. I've been there several times, only once on the bike. The other times was driving plain old sedan (as far from sporty as was possible). I do believe that most of the route runs in the state of Tennessee and on one occasion, about every turn was a trooper and car with radar enforcing the 35 MPH limit. This last trip, didn't see one police car both ways, having stopped at the far end for an hour at the Harley shop on that side, before riding back to Deal's Gap. This was on a Wednesday, so I do not recall if the other times I was there happened on weekends or not, and they may patrol heavier on those days.

I did see some hot cars this last time, a couple of vettes and a porsche.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts