Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need help, never modded a benz before. I guess if I knew what I was getting into, id never had bought one, lol.
I have installed a progressive nitrous gauge and need a tach signal, can read it off the coil packs. has anyone found out how to get a clear signal? I found one write up, but it wasnt clear to me.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,513 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Hey guys I need help, never modded a benz before. I guess if I knew what I was getting into, id never had bought one, lol.
I have installed a progressive nitrous gauge and need a tach signal, can read it off the coil packs. has anyone found out how to get a clear signal? I found one write up, but it wasnt clear to me.
Hopefully Gabus or leapyfish or livefree will chime in.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
I'm stumped, i never had the need to find a signal for the tach. Sorry i can't help. If you find what your looking for please post the info.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is it for the SLK230 or 320 ???? Shoot thats easy!!! Its right by the radio...one of the wires plugs into your stereo for some strange reason or the other? I just used it to wire in my new GPS and it needed a speed sensor wire...I presume thats what you need??????

Ski

PS.
Like it was said above, use the search for "GPS" or "Radio install" or something like that...there is a wiring schematic to show ya which wire it is...very simple if thats what you need

Ski

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah guys im stumped

I've been asking techs and engineers everyday, they all tell me that the system is all integrated with itself. I can tune the gauge to be time based instead of rpm based, but id much rather have an rpm signal...

Thanks everyone...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've been asking techs and engineers everyday, they all tell me that the system is all integrated with itself. I can tune the gauge to be time based instead of rpm based, but id much rather have an rpm signal...

Thanks everyone...
You might pick up a signal from one of the injectors somehow? It squirts once per rev right? There has to be a way to get it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.