Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to replace sway bar bushings and might change/upgrade sway bar if not too expensive.

I have seen the H&R sway bar (expen$$$ive...$300)but nothing else. Is H&R the only option for aftermarket?

Also the bushings...has anyone tried polyurethane w/OEM sway bar?

Thanks

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,215 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sarge,

Yep, thanks, saw that for the 171. Was wanting confirmation from anyone who's done it with an R170 and the H&R alternatives.
?

·
Registered
373 Posts
im in the same boat. ive been looking around for a while, waiting to pull the trigger on an upgraded swaybar. as far as i can find, the h&r one is the only option. in regards to bushings, once again as far as i can find, there are no companies that make any sort of upgraded bushings for the r170 at all, other than headge hog, the company in australia. ive gotten a quote from them for a whole set of poly bushings that they make for the r170, it's about $900 total including shipping to the east coast of the US. i cant imagine poly bushings would make too much of a difference with the OEM swaybar.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks SirClass,

Just found something from Eibach. They do a kit by the looks of it. 2 x sway bars and poly bushings included. Looks like £400. Took a screen shot....see attached. For the 200 and not the 230.

Still investigating cos I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure our pre-face lift has just 1 front sway bar, so this would be for a post-face lift maybe?

I'm still researching and looking on the German site, the UK site and the US site. I think I saw them on Eibach US site too. Maybe have a look and see what you think?

Jo

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.