Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Depends on what you're after: more power or just a sportier sound?

To gain any significant amount of power from the 350 solely by tinkering with the exhaust, you'd need to install a complete new system including headers, cats and x-pipe which would end up costing megabucks.

If you mainly want a sportier sound you only need to change the rear mufflers, in which case you have a number of other options to consider including Eisenmann, Remus and Mercedes' own offering. There is also the well documented path of grafting an SLK55 exhaust system onto the 350.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Does anyone have any experience/comment/opinion on the supersprint exhaust system? I am considering it for my 07 SLK 350

link to their site:
http://www.supersprintna.com/category-exec/category_id/139/part_criteria[search_make]/4/part_criteria[search_year]/2007/part_criteria[search_model]/194/
I had the complete system on my previous 2005 SLK350. The system was beautiful but in the end was very overpriced. Consider a cheaper alternative if you are looking to get a sportier exhaust sound and different look for the tips.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I had the complete system on my previous 2005 SLK350. The system was beautiful but in the end was very overpriced. Consider a cheaper alternative if you are looking to get a sportier exhaust sound and different look for the tips.
I have supersprint now and it's way overpriced. It's only a bit louder than OEM which is fine but I wanted it a bit louder. Looks great though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts