Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My roomate hooked up his computer to my car and was able to pull up a code to my 99 slk230k. I left the code at the house on a piece of paper which I will update on this thread as soon as I get home, but anyways he searched on the internet and lead him to believe that my supercharger is constantly running from what he found or a problem like that with my supercharger. I was just curious if anyone had similar problems?

Thanks,
Katherine

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Not an expert on superchargers but I think they are driven by the engine and run all the time anyway as opposed to a turbo

·
Registered
500 Posts
No I think they are driven by the engine and run all the time anyway as opposed to a turbo

True only on the aftermarket SC. Mercedes designed SC with a clutch to save wear and tear on the SC and turn off to save gas when just cruising. To check to see if your SC run all the time, the SC should come on when first start up in the morning. Omce the engine is fully warm up, the SC will stop spinning when the engine is just idling. Then rev the engine up to about 1500-2000 rpm, you should see the SC kick back on again.

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,524 Posts

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
But it has an internal waste gauge that in theory work like a clutch. It may look like the SC is spinning all the time but there's no boost until you on the throttle. during cruising, the SC spin freely with no load.
Yes, that's correct although the SC is spinning its not produceing any boost unless its needed on the face lift models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.