Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. For several days i was looked on the internet and not really found anything concrete related to the idea that not give me peace.
I was thinking to eliminate somehow the supercharger clutch, the magnetic clutch. I mean, to do the kompressor to operate continuously, not just when increase engine rotations. Is it even possible, without any changes? It is an Eaton M62 Kompressor. The original code 111 090 March 80.
You know someone to have done this or has ideas?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Later models of the 230 kompressor have the M45 super charger, it does not have a clutch. There is however a throttle body (butterfly valve) that sends the compressed air either to the engine, via inter cooler, or back to the sc intake.
It appears some control over the compressed air is required.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Later models of the 230 kompressor have the M45 super charger, it does not have a clutch. There is however a throttle body (butterfly valve) that sends the compressed air either to the engine, via inter cooler, or back to the sc intake.
It appears some control over the compressed air is required.
Thank you. Indeed, i searched and i found kinda the same result. Is not imposible to do it but is not worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.