Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been done before - but I couldn't find a definitive answer to this.

My code reader is giving me a clutch position sensor fault (pending), it clears and then comes straight back.

I had the K40 relay board out and it looked fine, but will go over it again.

When the engine is running the clutch engages at the right rpm, it also engages with the sensor disconnected and runs identically in each position.

How do test the boost, as the OBD reader says its 4.6psi all the time, and what is the fix.

Second, there is a US place that does pulleys in various sizes, but I need the spec, like shaft size, number of grooves and how far down in diameter I can do with the stock belt ...

Thanks in advance cos I am finding it really hard to get definitive answers to anything :(

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
313 Posts
I'm no help regarding the problem but the easy way for pulleys is the speers larger pulley , it simply slips over your existing crank pulley and is secured by 6 internal grub screws .
The guy is only in Germany and mine was just less than £130 i think , including a new belt delivered to England . Works great on mine and a couple of other forum members cars , all you need to do is measure your existing pulley , there's only 2 options so it's difficult to go wrong .
Good luck with the more technical part

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm no help regarding the problem but the easy way for pulleys is the speers larger pulley , it simply slips over your existing crank pulley and is secured by 6 internal grub screws .
The guy is only in Germany and mine was just less than £130 i think , including a new belt delivered to England . Works great on mine and a couple of other forum members cars , all you need to do is measure your existing pulley , there's only 2 options so it's difficult to go wrong .
Good luck with the more technical part
Cheers - :)
About the same price too.

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
313 Posts
No probs , I'm calling into speers for the re map in a couple of weeks , get your problem sorted first then your welcome to come and try mine before you commit if you want , I'll not be back until late July though :smile: extended holiday

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.