Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for the pass 4-5 months i was looking for a way to fix my dead magnet on my s/c clutch ((((( i know its an easy job to replace it with another one....... BUT NO ONE WANTS TO DO IT ))))) so i had it with this clutch and i went to my old mecha and told him DO AS I SAY OR ELSE !!! i told him i want you to open the main screw and take the clutch cover out and jam it with a washer or some thing to make it 100% running all the time !! and it is now !!! and it was the easiest thing ever !! no washers needed ... take the 1 screw out and there should be 3 small washers in the cover remove them outand put it back together !!!VOALA A RUNNING S/C !!!!

PS: no need to take the s/c out we did it when it was on the car its a tight fit but it can be done ^^ is you cant fit just remove the rad cover that will gove you more room :>

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Interesting...Mine has 5 paper thin brass washers.

Can anyone advise if s/c running all the time is bad for it?

If not, I may do this.

I also have the ASP pulley that allows the s/c to engage at 2000rpms instead of 3300rpms.

ASP pulley makes a world of difference!

Having the s/c engaged at all rpms would make max power at all times????:confused:

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

If not, I may do this.

I also have the ASP pulley that allows the s/c to engage at 2000rpms instead of 3300rpms.

Having the s/c engaged at all rpms would make max power at all times????:confused:

first of all i have the same rims as you but with no AMG braniding QQ 2nd sick color :> anyways the s/c clutch should engage @2000 rpm +- and since you have it working why would you want to make its 100% on all the time ?? i only did mine coz the clutch it self was dead so no engagement at all . as for the running all the time the post left ones has its s/c running all the time its just nosier thats it and would like to think yes 100% on means 100% power on demand :>

·
Registered
37 Posts

If not, I may do this.

I don't think it will be a problem, since other vehicle manufacturers use it in their cars and use different pulley, that is constantly on :) . For example:

·
Registered
52 Posts
hi

what's the supercharge pulley/clutch on a 1998 SLK230 PLEASE? is it M65 OR M45 PLEASE and where can I get a pulley/clutch from please??

Cheers

Edwin

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,308 Posts
hi

what's the supercharge pulley/clutch on a 1998 SLK230 PLEASE? is it M65 OR M45 PLEASE and where can I get a pulley/clutch from please??

Cheers

Edwin
Edwin,

Use the 'quote' button at the bottom of any post so we know who you are asking or referencing :D

Also this thread is 5 years old :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.