Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't efer want to get rid of my car as it has a lot of personal memories however i would love to have a sleeper to keep the young kids in line at stoplights.I'm 65 and don't put many miles on my car.In 16 yrs only 112,000.Can i just put a supercharger only to gain some extra horses without hurting the engine?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,360 Posts
So the answer is no
And yes
Get a V8

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK32 AMG
5,258 Posts
Or get a 32...your car factory super charged 349hp. Make it a sleeper by de-badging it! Much cheaper than a supercharger, a supercharger on your car would not be mechanically logical.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,437 Posts
you know carcrazy, A lot of people told me putting a V8 in my R170 was "not possible" or to just get something that was already fast. But I was in the same boat as you - the car had a lot of sentimental value.

You can overcome any challenge if you put your mind to it, and don't be afraid if you feel like you are "ruining" the car, because in the end it will be amazing. I "ruined" my perfectly good SLK230 to put the V8 in it, but now it's a damn incredible car!

Finding a supercharger for the V6 will be the most challenging part. Kleeman supercharger kits are well over 8 grand, so you're cheapest bet is to find a used one on craigslist for a 32. there are other options too such as a centrifugal supercharger which could be adapted, or even a custom one made into the intake manifold like the SLK32.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts