Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not affiliated with the promoters, just letting everyone know. This event can get HUGE with Jay Leno showing up every so often. There's usually a lot of exotics, american muscle, foreign jobbies, and classics. Kind of a "cars n coffee" thing.
Several GREAT canyon roads around there.. Topanga Cyn, Mulholland, Malibu, and even Santamonica32's current favorite.. Stunt Rd. R)

This event occurs every 1 week(s) on Sunday
01-17-2010 to 09-17-2010
06:00 AM to 09:00 AM
Corner of Topanga Cyn Blvd and Erwin St.
Woodland Hills 91367

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was actually thinking of going for the first time this sunday. It is hard though because I'm not a morning person. I've tried a couple times before but gave up as my eyes were barely open at 6am. A coworker of mine goes almost every weekend and always has a good time. Good people, nice cars, fun roads nearby. :)

FYI, the biggest days are the last sunday of the month. They usually have a theme that weekend. I know the Ferrari sunday had over a 120 show up including 2 Enzos.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Woohoo! More chances to drive on Stunt Road!

Thanks for the info, 6 am IS early for a Sunday. Not sure if it easier not to go to bed on Saturday or get up early on Sunday...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok.. whiner.. lol.

Here's a couple of the "stand out of the crowd" pics. I guess the LAST Sunday of the month is HUUUUUGE. People were saying there's 300-500 cars there. We'll have to see.
Notes:
1. The Bugatti is a VW replica. Nicely done though
2. The V12 Jag.. is built to 500+ hp
3. Notice the engine in the T-Bird?? lol.
4. Now that I've actually seen a Panamera up close, I like it even less.

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
Great pics, and some very amazing cars! I never would have guessed that a gull wing Mercedes would show up at this event.

Was there a drive after, did you join in?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yup as expected, I couldn't get up, but it also didn't help that I went to bed at 4. I think I'll try for next weekend, it is Checkerd Flag 200 of the Peterson Automotive Museum. I have no idea what that means but some cool and probably rare cars will show up.

Thanks for the pics and yeah, the Panamera is ugly, criminally ugly.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great pics, and some very amazing cars! I never would have guessed that a gull wing Mercedes would show up at this event.

Was there a drive after, did you join in?
As it turned out, I didn't have time to go play today. Some of them were heading out to the coast but it would have taken a little more time than I had.
Next weekend is going to be the big BIG BIIIIIG daddy. If you (or anyone) plans on going, I've heard you have to get there by 5:00 am to even get a decent spot.

Also next weekend is The GearHeads meet in Camarillo. Maybe hit both?? lol

West Coast GearHeads Monthly Meet in Camarillo, April 25th
The last Sunday of the month will be here before you know it! You are invited to attend our monthly meet at Johnny Rockets in the Camarillo Premium Outlet Mall on Sunday, April 25th.

Johnny Rockets does serve breakfast so be sure to come hungry! We will be there from 7am-10am.

From the 101 Freeway, take the Las Posas Road off ramp (in Camarillo) to Ventura Blvd. The mall is situated right along the freeway with TONS of parking!

·
Registered
843 Posts
As it turned out, I didn't have time to go play today. Some of them were heading out to the coast but it would have taken a little more time than I had.
Next weekend is going to be the big BIG BIIIIIG daddy. If you (or anyone) plans on going, I've heard you have to get there by 5:00 am to even get a decent spot.

Also next weekend is The GearHeads meet in Camarillo. Maybe hit both?? lol
Ok I will do the 5 am thing in the Valley next Sunday, and maybe the Gearheads in Camarillo too if anyone else is going to that. The cars look too good to pass on! Maybe even a twisty drive after since both events will be done by 10 am if I am reading/understanding correctly.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Game on! O'dark early!!

Who else is gonna sip coffee and take a rip with the early dogs? :burnout:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
I'm working next Sunday, April 25th. I'll try to join you guys on the next one.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, here's what I'm thinking...

Meet up at Supercar Sunday (I'll have the vette). I'll be there around 6:00am
Around 8:00am we'll head out to Camarillo. (30 min drive time)
Hang out at Camarillo show til 10:00am.
Then, take a little rip up to Ojai. (about 45 mins.)
Grab some lunch there and head down the hill. That should put us back in Camarillo by 1:00-1:30pm

I have to be at a Chili Cook-off in Thousand Oaks in the afternoon (by orders of my daughter!). Everyone is welcome to join me/us if you want.

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
ok, here's what I'm thinking...

Meet up at Supercar Sunday (I'll have the vette). I'll be there around 6:00am
Around 8:00am we'll head out to Camarillo. (30 min drive time)
Hang out at Camarillo show til 10:00am.
Then, take a little rip up to Ojai. (about 45 mins.)
Grab some lunch there and head down the hill. That should put us back in Camarillo by 1:00-1:30pm

I have to be at a Chili Cook-off in Thousand Oaks in the afternoon (by orders of my daughter!). Everyone is welcome to join me/us if you want.

Sounds good to me. We can work out an exact meeting point for 6 am by phone or pm's.

I'll bring my tripod/video cam and try getting some practice videoing another car as we both drive along. If you bring your vette, just pull 2 spark plug wires off so I can keep up! :burnout::burnout:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NO PLUG PULLIN' HERE. I plan on opening a big 'o can of WOOPAZZ. :burnout:

Anyone that wants to join us later on in Camarillo for the drive up / lunch in Ojai, please do.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Anyone that wants to join us later on in Camarillo for the drive up / lunch in Ojai, please do.
+1

Todd and I are starting at 6 am, but if anyone wants to join in later in the morning for Camarillo or Ojai, feel free to PM and we can swap cell #'s.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just wanted to stop buy and say Howdy folks.

Met Todd,and SantaMonica today at the Super Car Sunday event.Was nice to see more Mercedes attend.SL driver here(R129),looking forward to a few canyon runs with MB's instead of trying to chase other brands :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts