Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share a few images I shot today. Portland is experiencing one of it's typical winter episodes of modified arctic air, temperatures around freezing, clear skies, and strong east winds. Sunhilde and I went out south of Hillsboro today, up to Bald Peak State Park then around on Highway 219 over Chehalem Ridge.

The first two are at Bald Peak, and I'm sporting my new Mercedes-Benz accessory Aviator's Cap, soft leather trimmed with the warm wintry coat of the ever-elusive Faux. Temperature 27 degrees F and about twenty knots of wind. The third shows the view through the trees there to Mount Hood; sitting in the park entrance under the firs I couldn't get the lighting to work to get Sunhilde and the mountain in the frame. Rather, I wouldn't spend the time un-gloved fussing with the camera to experiment. The last shot is just down from Chehalem Summit, parked at the roadside. The smaller mountain at extreme left is Mt. Adams, the larger and nearer one is Mt. St. Helens. I saw several convertibles, but only Sunhilde was running topless.

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
707 Posts
Nice. Spent a couple days at Hood River this summer with Honda S2000 friends and with friends in Ambot WA, really like that area.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. Spent a couple days at Hood River this summer with Honda S2000 friends and with friends in Amboy WA, really like that area.
You wouldn't like it today, Bruce!:grin: When we get this kind of weather, the east wind howls down the Columbia River Gorge. Though it's only running about 20mph now, it's not unusual for Crown Point to gust fifty to eighty miles per hour. With ambient air temperatures around forty or less, the wind chill gets nasty.

The Columbia Gorge Scenic Highway on the Oregon side is a must-drive from Portland out to Hood River, and on the Washington side there's a loop around the southern flanks of Mt. Adams that is superb too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts