Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Great video Davie, thanks for sharing it with us... but what happened to the S2000?... it must have turned off somewhere, or else you would have shown us the overtake! :D

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great video Davie, thanks for sharing it with us... but what happened to the S2000?... it must have turned off somewhere, or else you would have shown us the overtake! :D
How well you know me! >:D

We got stuck following traffic from when I cut the video. :frown: I followed it into Dunlop where it pulled into a driveway with a wave. :smile:

·
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happy to share it, and glad you guys enjoyed it. :smile:

Definitely better fun making than watching, but made with the intention of having something to cheer me up when watched again in the depths of winter or out on the rig. :D

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Love the video a Go Pro is on our list of must haves, obviously well securely fixed what bracket do you use? R)

·
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love the video a Go Pro is on our list of must haves, obviously well securely fixed what bracket do you use? R)
I use the GoPro suction cup mount. Pay more for it than the copies, but worth it imho.. :tu:

One word of advice though ........ make sure the surface you're going to attach it to is clean and dry! I had one fall off in a car park on the wales tour much to Daves @dbgrn's amusement. I hadn't cleaned the surface first and it was in hot sun. It is the only time I've had an issue with it.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I use the GoPro suction cup mount. Pay more for it than the copies, but worth it imho.. :tu:

One word of advice though ........ make sure the surface you're going to attach it to is clean and dry! I had one fall off in a car park on the wales tour much to Daves @dbgrn's amusement. I hadn't cleaned the surface first and it was in hot sun. It is the only time I've had an issue with it.

Top tip noted, Rob has been hinting for long enough he needs a Go Pro for underwater photography, it's compact size being perfect for his needs.
So that's one Christmas prezzie sorted. R)

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Great video Davie, I watched it on my big TV and almost felt like I was riding 'shotgun' with you lol...I was just wondering how the guy in the black car felt (In the middle of the road) seeing you hurtling toward him with that big V8 roar? Thanks again for sharing, and hope there are many more to come....:tu:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Top tip noted, Rob has been hinting for long enough he needs a Go Pro for underwater photography, it's compact size being perfect for his needs.
So that's one Christmas prezzie sorted. R)
I have one of the original GoPro's (and the OEM suction mount that Davie recommends - and it works great, but agree you need to ensure the surface is clean before applying it).

I think the quality of the video footage is great, although I sometimes wish it had a display on the back (or ability to display on another device - so you know it's lined up as you'd like) and a swappable battery (so you can carry a spare that's already charged). Later versions of the GoPro do address this, but at a price..

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
5,832 Posts
Great Video

I have one of the original GoPro's (and the OEM suction mount that Davie recommends - and it works great, but agree you need to ensure the surface is clean before applying it).

I think the quality of the video footage is great, although I sometimes wish it had a display on the back (or ability to display on another device - so you know it's lined up as you'd like) and a swappable battery (so you can carry a spare that's already charged). Later versions of the GoPro do address this, but at a price..
Davie. Another great video. I must say the quality is excellent. Sorry @dbgrn I thought I was responding to @DAVIETHESCAFF

·
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I use a GoPro 4 and a 3+ (bought for a great price, reconditioned by GoPro) and have bought a few spare batteries for both off E-bay quite cheaply. I also carry a charger I can plug into the car.

Like driving a 55, it's always good to have that power available! >:D

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I use a GoPro 4 and a 3+ (bought for a great price, reconditioned by GoPro) and have bought a few spare batteries for both off E-bay quite cheaply. I also carry a charger I can plug into the car.
Like driving a 55, it's always good to have that power available! >:D

Hi Davie, just wondering what sort of time you get out of a battery, have decided on the Go Pro Hero 5, waterproof case to 60mtrs & of course the Go Pro suction bracket.
That should keep Rob happy.
R)

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
714 Posts
Great video and great roads...

That 'cycle friendly' road towards the beginning looks scary to me, especially when you have bikes and cars all trying to use the same bit of road :surprise:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts