Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday get together - Malibu

4K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  V8SLK 
#1 · (Edited)
Sunday get together - Malibu area

Edit:

With easty being in the neighborhood next Sunday, were meeting at the Rock Store on Sunday, March 4.

Place: the Rock Store
30354 Mulholland Hwy
Cornell
Time: 12:00 - 1:00 or so.

Tentative run:
From the Rock Store:
Mulholland Hwy (west) to Decker Canyon Rd
Decker Canyon Rd (north) [S Westlake Blvd] to E Potrero Rd
E Potrero Rd (west) [W Potrero Rd] to S Reino Rd
S Reino Rd (north) to Lynn Rd
Lynn Rd (west) [ W Potrero Rd] to Hueneme Rd
Hueneme Rd (s west) to S Las Posas Rd
S Las Posas Rd (south) to PCH
PCH (south) to S Kanan Dume Rd or Malibu Canyon Rd [Las Virgenes Rd] or Topanga Canyon Rd
S Kanan Dume Rd or Malibu Canyon Rd [Las Virgenes Rd] or Topanga Canyon Rd to the 101 Fwy

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

See less See more
#2 ·
9MOON is at Sherman Oaks, he may be interested as well.

One of our radiology techs ( Ducati motorcycle owner) states the old Topanga Canyon Road has a lot of hair pin turns.

#3 ·
i don't envision this being as "spirited" a canyon run as our hwy 39 run was. typically this road on sundays has a lot of bikes and a handful of cops. crashes and or tickets are not uncommon...

as far as a meet spot, i think there is a little shopping center at hwy 1 (pch) and kanan dume road. that might be a good spot...

#5 ·
so sorry guys.. i got some prior arrangement on this date.. shoxxx.. was lookin forward to hangin out w/ u fellas as well... my benz may also be gettin BRABUSIFY by the guys im dealin with.. ill try to catch up w/ u all next time around!!

whatabout during the march madness SLK weekend?

:)

#6 ·
Sorry guys, can't make this one since I'm going to be in SF for the weekend. Keep me posted if you guys are doing anymore "spirited" runs!

#7 ·
I know a great route

I used to live in that area. Too bad I'm on the East Coast now.

TIP:

You can meet on PCH and Kanan. But don't take Kanan. Instead, Head North on PCH to Mulholland, just past Leo Carillo State Beach. This is by far my favorite road, and don't be surprised to find yourselves amongst Ferarris and SLR bad-boys looking to push their limits. When you get to Westlake Blvd, take a left.

Westlake Blvd gets very twisty but you can then make two choices:
1. Continue down Westlake Blvd to the 101 - the road gets wider when you pass through the hills
2. Make a left on Potrero Road and head through Hidden Valley. Hidden Valley is perfect country for an SLK.

Now, if I were on Potrero Rd, I would go stright through Potrero Cyn and end up on Lewis Rd in Camarillo. For a unique experience, head to the Camarillo airport and hit up their cafe for lunch. You're bound to have some good food and enjoy all the richer folk stopping in via their charter to grab some grub.

The Rock Store is great, but the pigs on the highway ruin the freedom of this country.

When you leave Camarillo, take Las Posas (two fwy exits west) to PCH. You can go flat-out, unrestricted on that strech... there's never a pig on the road. Take PCH all the way back home. When you pass Trancas, you're back in cop country. Always do the speed limit on PCH (with the exception of Camarillo).

Take the road less traveled. Take photos and share them with us. I wish I could join y'all.

#9 ·
I used to live in that area. Too bad I'm on the East Coast now.

TIP:

You can meet on PCH and Kanan. But don't take Kanan. Instead, Head North on PCH to Mulholland, just past Leo Carillo State Beach. This is by far my favorite road, and don't be surprised to find yourselves amongst Ferarris and SLR bad-boys looking to push their limits. When you get to Westlake Blvd, take a left.

Westlake Blvd gets very twisty but you can then make two choices:
1. Continue down Westlake Blvd to the 101 - the road gets wider when you pass through the hills
2. Make a left on Potrero Road and head through Hidden Valley. Hidden Valley is perfect country for an SLK.

Now, if I were on Potrero Rd, I would go stright through Potrero Cyn and end up on Lewis Rd in Camarillo. For a unique experience, head to the Camarillo airport and hit up their cafe for lunch. You're bound to have some good food and enjoy all the richer folk stopping in via their charter to grab some grub.

The Rock Store is great, but the pigs on the highway ruin the freedom of this country.

When you leave Camarillo, take Las Posas (two fwy exits west) to PCH. You can go flat-out, unrestricted on that strech... there's never a pig on the road. Take PCH all the way back home. When you pass Trancas, you're back in cop country. Always do the speed limit on PCH (with the exception of Camarillo).

Take the road less traveled. Take photos and share them with us. I wish I could join y'all.
Thanks for the suggestion in2dwww.

#11 ·
280Lady, if you're located in SoCal, you're more than welcome to join us this Sunday. If anyone else (R170 and R171) is interested in coming, please feel free to chime in. I forgot who it was that lives in Yorba Linda.

#16 ·
That's okay, there will probably be other driving events in the future.

Sorry you cant make it 280SLK.

I edited the first post with tentative times, places and routes. The more feedback the better. Thanks to in2dwww for ideas.

I figure about a 3 hour ride.

Tom, since we're coming from the south LA area to the Rock Store in Malibu and then doing the drive north to the Camarillo area and then back home. Would a full tank of gas/petrol be enough (18.5 US gal)? I don't think we'll cover more than 300 miles round trip. What do you think?

#15 ·
Sorry you cant make it 280SLK.

I edited the first post with tentative times, places and routes. The more feedback the better. Thanks to in2dwww for ideas.

I figure about a 3 hour ride.
Tom, you're "da' man" when it comes to planning routes. :tu:

#26 ·
A few of us are meeting at Starbucks in Arcadia @ 1030 am and then caravan to the Rock Store at 30354 Mulholland Hwy, Cornell, CA 91301 and meet up around noon.

I'm not familiar with the area but do a search for reasonable places like StayAmerica at the 5 and 405 juction or 405 and 101 junction. check out Thousand Oaks and Camarillo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.