Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a consensus for the best tyres we can use on our ride?

I live in a summer only country, with many wet days. I can drive pretty vigorously at times. My wheels setup on my r172 is : 225/40 R18 Front,
245/35 R18 Rear.

So far I have narrowed it down to the ;
1)Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
2)Continental Sport Contact 5
3)Pirelli P zero

Has any1 have had any experience with these rubbers, and if so, what are your findings?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have just recently fitted two Goodyear F1 Assymetric to my rear wheels.
I've driven only about 500 miles since but they do feel better with more grip than the previous Pirelli P Zeros...
The Pirellis lasted only 9,000 miles.... have to wait and see how the Goodyears manage. But I'm happy so far.
Not much difference in cost...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fantastic. I have the pzeros on my w204, and they have been my favorite so far. I guess i'm leaning more toward the goodyear F1A now as I want to try something new with my r172

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
If grip is your primary concern, you can't beat the Dunlop Direzza Z2. The Hankook RS3 are good in the dry as well, but not as good in the wet. Those two are on a different level grip wise compared to the three you mentioned.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mark, appreciate your feedback. What I am most concerned with is wet grip, followed by dry, then comfort and lastly wear/durability. Noise levels do not bother me that much. I will have a look at the dunlops as that wasnt in my list to begin with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts