Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...

I'm sure I missed this somewhere in tire 101...but...

Has anyone run summer tires all year long from Tampa FL south...

I won't/don't drive much in the rain & the only reason I go outside when it's lower than 45 degrees is because Willa, my, 4 legged best friend needs to go out...

thanks

Harry

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,135 Posts
You should not waste your money on A/S all season in florida :D
Just get summer all the time

·
Registered
288 Posts
I run summer tires year round.

I get about 20K miles on the rear and probably 30K on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320/2000 SLK230
2,719 Posts
and had a long reply prepared by got a "invalid security token" when I tried to post that lost the whole thing so just the last line: "In Florida summer squalls can be sudden and intense so for a daily driver/cruiser get the best rain tire you can." I have mostly Michelins. SLK seems to like 25" tires.

ps this forum software tends to be frustrating - I have to switch from rich to raw mode to post a URL & this is not the first time a server error has lost a whole post.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi...

I'm sure I missed this somewhere in tire 101...but...

Has anyone run summer tires all year long from Tampa FL south...

I won't/don't drive much in the rain & the only reason I go outside when it's lower than 45 degrees is because Willa, my, 4 legged best friend needs to go out...

thanks

Harry
Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 all year long.

·
Premium Member 2010 SLK300
154 Posts
I too run the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 and love them even drove to Indiana from Miami Florida in early march (some snow on the ground) and even though they are summer tires I was surprise how well they drove in the cold.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG & 2006 Kleemann 55K S8
924 Posts
I have Conti DW's I have run year around, but have new Michelin PSS sitting on new wheels in the garage. I have the PSS on my BMW and they are amazing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.