Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
2,562 Posts
Joe,

The April meet
http://www.slkworld.com/u-s-florida...ing-meet-april-9th-2016-lakeridge-winery.html

is for meeting members and looking at cars and then drinking wine and enjoying music.
Other than opening one's hood and pointing at the location of the issue, the venue will not permit cars being put on ramps and mechanics in overalls on their property :D
What if no lifts , ramps, nor overalls are needed? For the mere price of round trip air fare (prolly not more than a couple of bucks per attending member) I could meet some of my fellow members from the sunny state, drink some wine and have in hand my trusty DAS system and a few simple hand tools to check some much needed cam timing. It's a thought . . . (sure has been a long winter up here)

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
I'm sure JOEVEE will be more than happy to accommodate you! :D

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
Wait until he responds :D :D come on down anyway!

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
More than welcome to attend!
This meet is not like our regular picnic meets where only SLKs are permitted in photos and drive, etc. Those local drive their SLKs to designated parking spot at winery to hobnob and meet. So anyone is more than welcome to join us. Obviously, they cannot park in the designated area for our cars but it is a public venue so all others are welcome. Just identify yourself to us so we can hug you!
Let me know and I will add you to the list - minus your SLK :D

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
2,562 Posts
More than welcome to attend!
This meet is not like our regular picnic meets where only SLKs are permitted in photos and drive, etc. Those local drive their SLKs to designated parking spot at winery to hobnob and meet. So anyone is more than welcome to join us. Obviously, they cannot park in the designated area for our cars but it is a public venue so all others are welcome. Just identify yourself to us so we can hug you!
Let me know and I will add you to the list - minus your SLK :D
I'll let you know just as soon as I hear from my best new friend JOEVEE. He's been mighty quiet. I need to let him know where to send the air fare. :>}

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How did I get into this? I thought that it was a simple thing to do? Maybe all interested we can chip in to pay the fare? If not I'll buy you a bottle of wine.

JOEVEE

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK350
2,562 Posts
How did I get into this? I thought that it was a simple thing to do? Maybe all interested we can chip in to pay the fare? If not I'll buy you a bottle of wine.

JOEVEE
Ha, see what you get for having good ideas and making suggestions. ;>}

Maybe I could make a retirement career of being flown in to regional SLK World meets to do cam timing demo's and DAS sessions. Do the Northeast region in the summer, Florida region in January/February, Colorado anytime that isn't winter, and so on. (. . . I wonder when the members meet in the UK - Sean???. . . or in Spain - Craige??? . . .) Now I have a reason to retire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.