Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending the last 8 months without my '04 CLK55 AMG cabrio (been stuck driving an '04 Saab sedan), the urge to own another Mercedes was too great. I decided I needed another Mercedes convertible and decided to opt for an SLK this time. A few weeks of searching and I picked up an '05 SLK350 six speed in Houston over this past weekend.

So far I'm really enjoying it and even with 100hp less than my previous AMG, its performs really well.

Now to let the modding begin. I've already got a set of clear side marker lights on the way and I'm looking at adding the Sirius module as well as one of the aftermarket USB/iPod interfaces in the near future.

Richard

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.

The SmartTop is on the list for sure, but probably in a few months.

I've got some pricy upgrading to do on my boat first (25ft Larson express cruiser). I'm looking at adding air conditioning as well as an inverter or generator since Texas just gets way too hot to not have cold air!

Richard

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Hello from Ottawa Canada - I'm a visual guy, so post a foto! And introduce yourself on the newby thread. It's amazing the various backgrounds of members.

PS MR2 ... hmm Galo will be knocking on your door soon I suspect!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
PS MR2 ... hmm Galo will be knocking on your door soon I suspect!
The MR2 is the last of my automotive toys. I recently sold a '91 Mazda MX-5 Miata as well as 1970 Fiat 124 Spider. With my previous CLK55 AMG cabrio and the Saab 9-3, my collection was getting a bit too big for my garage and driveway space so I opted to scale down.

That's about the same time I decided I need a boat, or as they are also know, a hole in the water you through money into. :) I picked up a 25ft Larson express cruiser back in April. The only problem with that is the lake I keep it on is dropping at about 4 inches a day due to the drought we are having in Texas. So far its down about 35 foot.

here's a photo I took of the car on the way home after picking it up in Houston.

Richard

Attachments

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
You driving across town to Lake Travis? ;-) If so take your new hole in the water down to Carlos n' Charlies and hoist a cool boat drink for me! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You driving across town to Lake Travis? ;-) If so take your new hole in the water down to Carlos n' Charlies and hoist a cool boat drink for me! :)

I have my boat slipped about a mile away from Carlos n' Charlie's. The lake is so low right now that their courtesy docks are above the water line. However, we normally drive over after a day of boating for some margaritas and frog dip.

Richard

1 - 20 of 21 Posts