Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2013 SLK350
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't able to find anyone who has installed shallow mount sub boxes behind the seats. Eyeballing it, it seems like a JL Microsub+ would fit behind each seat. Is this not the case? Or are SLK owners not into bass like I am? :LOL:

·
Founding Member 2006
112,741 Posts

·
**Premium Member 2014 SLK200
4,141 Posts
There is a steel panel behind the seats. It covers a multitude of wires structural members and the roof pump. It is pretty snug back there as anyone who has fitted a Smarttop module will tell you.

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK350
1,075 Posts
Take a look at this thread, it might help.

·
*Registered
2004 SLK350 R171
250 Posts
Check this thread out, I may add me of these for my install if I feel I need it, spoiler: I don’t so far.

·
*Premium Member
2013 SLK350
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's pretty slick. Super clean install. I was originally looking at a JL Microwedge+ but I mocked up a cardboard box at the same size and it's not gonna work.

However, I do have about 3.5" of space to work with. I could mount a Kicker HS10 to the back wall, potentially. I just need to find a thread to see behind the wall. :)

·
Registered
2006 SLK55 AMG
3,110 Posts
Having had and built competition grade audio before, I'd cut ports into the rear hat shelf / partition, and put the subs in the spare tire space. I think I saw someone on here do that to their SLK. Only way to get meaty subs into the car. If you just want a little thump, You can custom fab a wedge and take advantage of the storage net area behind the seats. the seats won't intrude into that area no matter how you move them, but a custom box is obviously more work and money.

·
Registered
2006 SLK55 AMG
3,110 Posts
Reactions: SLKSonic

·
**Premium Member 2014 SLK200
4,141 Posts
That's pretty slick. Super clean install. I was originally looking at a JL Microwedge+ but I mocked up a cardboard box at the same size and it's not gonna work.

However, I do have about 3.5" of space to work with. I could mount a Kicker HS10 to the back wall, potentially. I just need to find a thread to see behind the wall. :)
Not the best photo but:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts