Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for UK owners; my car has audio 20 and I would like to know if there is any way of changing the display in the bottom of the two screens on the dash? It currently reads in Km/h, which is no use in the UK but the owners manual says "for uk owners this function is not available" (ie to change it). Am I stuck with this display? I may change to COMAND at some point anyway but the pennies are going on exhaust mod this week first. Many thanks
Ian

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,615 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
The lower MFD can be configured to display something else (such as outside temp), but in order to do so, it needs someone with DAS/STAR equipment to connect to the car and enable this functionality (my completely non-technical explanation of what needs doing). If you can find someone with DAS/STAR equipment, they probably already know how to do this... if not, have them check here:
Common and easy to do DAS 'tweaks'
(under "Displaying temperature in the lower MFD")
:tu:

Edit: or take a look at the results from Jeff's search link above! ;)

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,419 Posts
I've been banging my head on this one too.

Darn idiotic of MB to force kph on us, presumably to comply with eu issues because there's no kph on the speedo.

Even those who risk life and paintwork traveling to our great European neighbours are surely more likely to be checking temp, rather than kph for most of their ownership.

I missed the DAS/Star thread on it, so thank for asking the question & thanks to our team for answering it.

The beauty of SLKworld shines again!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Myk, you're right that KPH is there for legislative reasons... it's down to MB's interpretation of the rules that state every new car in the UK must be capable of displaying MPH and KPH. With the right DAS tweak you also get an additional option in the menus so that you can switch the main speedo (and odometer) between miles and kilometers... the "MPH" in the centre of the speedo is just a lit-up display, that also switches to be KPH once you've switched to kilometers too. :tu:

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,419 Posts
Myk, you're right that KPH is there for legislative reasons... it's down to MB's interpretation of the rules that state every new car in the UK must be capable of displaying MPH and KPH. With the right DAS tweak you also get an additional option in the menus so that you can switch the main speedo (and odometer) between miles and kilometers... the "MPH" in the centre of the speedo is just a lit-up display, that also switches to be KPH once you've switched to kilometers too. :tu:

Sorry officer, I thought it was still reading kph after my continental trip.

OH, YEAH!>:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.