Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to get some Ice Cream with the girlfriend and as we pulled into the parking lot there was a gorgeous F360 parked with a space open next to it. Of course I decided to park next to it. We went in and the Ferrari owner was no where to be seen. We got our ice cream and sat down at the window seats looking at the two cars. Then a hoard of teenagers came by admiring the two sports cars.

They took their camera phones out and they took pictures of the SLK and totally ignored the F360.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Agreed! The SLK is perhaps the most underrated sports car. It deserves much more respect than it sometimes gets, but at times people recognize the quality they see. You encountered some of these people. Good!

Some uneducated people think they are "girl cars" or "not really sports cars". These people have not put one through the traps on the corners, and have not done the 1/4 mile against a modified Honda S 2000.

But I think more people appreciate the SLK than don't. Two weeks ago, I was ill and in the hospital. Our SLK got a nail in its sidewall, and my wife had to take the SLK to a tire store to get a new tire put on. By the time this job was done, there were more than 50 people standing around and looking at the car.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeah, it definitely turns heads!

A lot of folks at work have been admiring my car, now I have been giving rides to a few folks.. they always have something nice to say!

That being said, I also hang out at the FerrariChat forums, and have joined the local F-car drivers to go Kart Racing in a local indoor racetrack... they are very nice, and I really like the 360. :)

It's hard to choose what I want next... on the one hand, I do want an SL (which I mentioned in another thread), but I want to keep my SLK....

I want to get a 360 (or at least a 355) by next year, but if I do, I won't be getting the SL.

So if I get a Ferrari as planned, I'm still definitely keeping my SLK!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts