Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*******I got it*********No need to reply, Thank you...

I need to locate the hot and ground wires, I have the add a fuse, but no instructions anywhere on where to put it, etc. I decided to just tap into the hot and ground, but they are all neatly wrapped in black mesh and zip tied.....ANy help would be awesome

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:confused:As I remember, you'll have to separate the wire bundle, find the fat red wire, tap it, and ground the black wire to the body of the car.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,657 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it, thanks for the replies, just went to the wire loom in the floor instead of behind the hood release like the instructions said. Thanks again

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,657 Posts
Great! Enjoy it and don't forget to program the 35 mph option.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Just for completeness:

1. Add-a-circuit is connected to one of existing fuse holder in the fuse box located at the left side of the dashboard. This is for the +12v. Red wire may need to be extended. Caution: do not insert any of the fuses until all connections are done. The +12V is constant even with key not in the ignition.

2. Ground wire from module is connected to factory ground near the engine hood/bonnet release lever.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Glad you figured it out, becaues I did the add-a-circuit, and not the fuse holder. Is that what you did (because you lost me)?

Regardless, it's great, isn't it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.