Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
*Registered
2003 SLK200
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My key fob has stopped working,after learning how to get into the car using key I find that the battery is not working.
I then attempt to open the bonnet to find that I cannot manage to open it.I must admit that since purchase 3 weeks ago I have never opened the bonnet.Does anyone have any ideas what to do next?

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
494 Posts
Have you noticed the little tab that sticks out of the front grill once the first catch has released? You have to pull that tab to finally release the bonnet. Similar to the one below.

·
**Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
6,091 Posts
It's much easier to just use the disc cutter, then you can get your Jump Leads on the Battery any time ........................

Here's one I jump Started earlier ....

:ROFLMAO:

·
*Premium Member
2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
2,912 Posts
This one..

·
*Registered
2003 SLK200
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
there is some resistance but a little loose.I am trying no to br
It's much easier to just use the disc cutter, then you can get your Jump Leads on the Battery any time ........................

Here's one I jump Started earlier ....

:ROFLMAO:
sorry but you have lost me.I can reach battery without opening hood?How can I do this

·
*Registered
2003 SLK200
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok maybe solution is to get collegue to push bumper down while I pull on release lever.

·
*Registered
2003 SLK200
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On my 230 the cable had popped out of its slot on the release lever. Might be worth a check that the cable is actually connected to the lever still.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
thanks there is a cable attached to the red release lever.

·
*Premium Member
2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
2,912 Posts
Ahh.. refer to the pic I posted above ^ in post#10.

The image on the left shows the release lever inside the cabin. (near your right knee). Pull the lever and the bonnet should spring up by an inch or two.
This is what myself and @efair were referring to.. sometimes the bonnet doesn't pop up.

The image on the right shows the release handle. When/If the bonnet pops up, you put your left hand under that handle and lift both the handle and the bonnet ~ all being well (y)

HTH

1 - 20 of 29 Posts