Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
*Registered
2005 SLK280
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 91mm Short Stubby Mast Antenna from cldepot on eBay. Don't bother. I had to stand next to it to get my key fob to work so I could even get in the car. It was only £4.28 and the fact it doesn't work explains the low price. The have given a 50% refund but I would advise anybody looking at this to not purchase.

Having said that, does anybody know of a good UK supplier? Willing to pay more than a fiver this time :).

·
*Registered
2005 SLK280
1,602 Posts
I looked into the stubby ones on the auction site located in France.. guarantee 100% reception like original eye poker.
Came in various lengths, but I was unsure what one to go with so I left it..wish I had got one now ,as I now know the reason it's called an eye poker!
Ouch!!😖

·
* Administrator (Premium Member)
37,259 Posts
I looked into the stubby ones on the auction site located in France.. guarantee 100% reception like original eye poker.
Came in various lengths, but I was unsure what one to go with so I left it..wish I had got one now ,as I now know the reason it's called an eye poker!
Ouch!!😖
On the other hand.
Car been messed with?
Look for someone with their hand over their eye.

·
*Premium Member
2019 SLC300
2,832 Posts
The 170 short antenna can be modified and used on the 171 and not lose signal strength. I had one that was modified by someone and work great with lock, unlock, and Smart top. The radio signal was about the same. Below is the post on how to modify one. New replacement part number is 170-820-06-75-64

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
2,267 Posts
What's wrong with the original antenna folks?

·
*Registered
2005 SLK280
1,602 Posts
Not sure whether that answers my question. I like my original antenna. Looks cool.
I was loading something in my boot a week or so ago,went to turn for next item...nr took my eye out,I was lucky it hit the side of my nose first.
Still excruciating pain!😣

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
2,267 Posts
I was loading something in my boot a week or so ago,went to turn for next item...nr took my eye out,I was lucky it hit the side of my nose first.
Still excruciating pain!😣
Ouch! I’m a clumsy so and so, so I’ll have to look out for that one then.

·
* Registered
2010 SLK 55 AMG
49 Posts
Check with MB dealer it was 33£ they had one in stock. Works flawlessly and simple screw on.
I purchased a 91mm Short Stubby Mast Antenna from cldepot on eBay. Don't bother. I had to stand next to it to get my key fob to work so I could even get in the car. It was only £4.28 and the fact it doesn't work explains the low price. The have given a 50% refund but I would advise anybody looking at this to not purchase.

Having said that, does anybody know of a good UK supplier? Willing to pay more than a fiver this time :).

·
* Registered
2006 SLK280
40 Posts
The 170 short antenna can be modified and used on the 171 and not lose signal strength. I had one that was modified by someone and work great with lock, unlock, and Smart top. The radio signal was about the same. Below is the post on how to modify one. New replacement part number is 170-820-06-75-64

( newbie , please excuse ) Whats this , does the signal from the key fob for door , boot lid ( trunk 😱 ) work throo the antenna ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts