Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to All:
I own a 2002 SLK32 AMG. Love this car and it has very good to me. :) I've got approx. 61,000. Lately I have noticed a "burning" smell and not sure what it's all about. I thought maybe the Cat. Converters are burning out but it's not that classic rotten egg smell that is usually associated with that, and it definately does not smell like burnt oil, as that too has a distinct smell. But it sure does stink - pretty embarassing, I must say!! Gauges read fine and everything seems to be working properly.
I checked the forum on this topic and couldn't find much, so I thought I'd put some feelers out there to see what you all might have to say. Husband thinks I've got something stuck up inside somewhere. Really don't want to take to the shop and have them tell me that. Just thought I'd pick your brains before proceeding any further.
Many thanks!!
NWSLK32

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Is it coming from the AC vents? Check the carpet to make sure they are not moist and giving a musty smell. I certainly hope some critter didn't make a home somewhere in the engine compartment.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320 Wizard of ID
589 Posts
Carnation, huh? CMPC used to be one of my accounts way back when! Welcome!

It's that time of year when mice are moving around. I'd check your intake manifold as they like warm/protected places.

Horrible little beasts. Mickey not withstanding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.