Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago, my power adjustable seat started acting a bit weird on my 06 R171. The memory settings still work fine.

I was feeling a little more sporty for one drive, so I thought I would recline the seat a little more than normal after putting it into my normal memory position. But when I press the control to recline the back, the seat moves me forward, up a little and raises the seat back. To get it back, I have to use my memory 1 setting.

My memory 2 setting still works for taking the seat all the way down and back as my de-facto easy entry/exit function. And memory 1 still takes me to my setting while memory 3 takes it to my wife's setting. I'm just now having trouble manually fine tuning the seat.

Anyone else have a problem like this? It kind of reminds me of the sunroof problem that happens every couple months on my 03 C320. On that, it will only open or close about half an inch with each press of the button. That is resettable by following a procedure along the lines of open it all the way and the hold the button in the open position for 30 seconds. Then close and repeat for the close position.

Hopefully someone here has a similar simple solution for the seat's controls.:confused:

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
I have that problem John tells me its the anti collision setting to stop the seat back hitting the bulkhead. Its a pain as my seat is at least 4 inches away from the bulkhead but still wont let me recline more

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm kind of short, so there is plenty of room behind the seat. It seems odd that I had no problem adjusting the seats when I first got it and programmed my settings in, but now it is behaving differently.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Given the choice I would opt for manual seats every time. I am on record as saying the seats are the worst part of the SLK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.