Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AND MABEL
13,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stuck on board again! :frown:

Storm Gertrude passed by yesterday so no choppers. A life on the ocean waves for me for a few more days. :grin:

Sorry no sound, had to edit the bad boys bad language out. :wink:

Gusting 100 knots and 16+ metre waves. There were a more than a few :surprise: **** :eek: ****

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
So it's the bridge of a ship? It's hard to make out because of the superstructure on what I presume is the focsle? Is it a helicopter deck?

That doesn't look that bad. I'm sure it's pretty horrible but I'm sure the Master will have seen far worse! In the 1990's the RNR used to have River class Minesweepers as the unit tenders and they were based on oil rig supply vessels with a shortened hull. They had horrible sea-keeping characteristics. "Rolling on wet grass" was a common saying so you have my utmost sympathy! Just keep taking the Stugies and stay warm and dry!

·
AND MABEL
13,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it's the bridge of a ship? It's hard to make out because of the superstructure on what I presume is the focsle? Is it a helicopter deck?
Right on all counts. :tu:

Our cut off for choppers is 55 knot winds and 6 mtr sea state. So bad enough not to fly. Worst I've seen is 32+ mtr seas, which was fun. :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts