Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at putting on Stoptech drilled and slotted rotors all around. Anyone have any experience good or bad with Stoptech rotors?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have drilled and slotted stoptech rotors in mine, with Stillen brand pads at all four corners, factory sizes. No complaints, easy to install, decent amount of brake dust but that's to be expected from performance pads. I was looking to go with the EBC yellow stuff pads but Stillen had a deal where the pads came free with the purchase of rotors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll put ceramic pads on as I'd sacrifice a little performance to get less dust. Good to hear from someone that's using them.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I just ordered a new set of rotors for my car, they are Stoptech Cross drilled&Slotted rotors. I'll post my experiences here when I get them installed. I also got Stoptech brake pads. All original size (no upgraded sizing) to my SLK32 AMG.

Interesting fact that I learned: Stoptech doesn't "manufcture" the rotors, they only drill holes and slot the OEM ones, then paint the hats/fins for those models that have that feature.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is interesting. From looking at their website you would think they make everything. I'll stick with Akebono pads for now as they are priced nicely and I've had good luck with them on my BMW X5. We put the rear rotors on the other day. So far so good. We'll do the fronts probably by the end of the year. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It has been my experience in using slotted rotors that those slots shave off material from the brake pads every time you use the brakes. That's where all the brake dust comes from.

I stopped using slotted rotors after prematurely wearing out a set of expensive Kevlar pucks. Now I specify "drilled only" rotors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.