Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was leaving the college later than normal after a meeting with the IT department to discuss network issues. There was a gap in the traffic, so I shot La Bête forward and easily transitioned into the flow. Looking in my read view mirror, I saw a black Mercedes closing up behind me.

Humm, that looks like a R171. I have seen a black SLK on post several times before, but this was the first time we were traveling together.

Thinking where we might be able to pull over, the Visitors Center is just outside the gate. I can signal him/her and try to get them to pull into the Center's parking lot.

Good plan except I quickly discovered that the Center was closed and the parking lot gates were locked.

The driver of the other SLK pulled into the left turn for the bridge into Missouri. I pulled up a along side in the left traffic lane and we had a brief discussion before the light changed. I quickly mentioned SLKWorld but I couldn't't get a card to him. He stated that he thinks he had been on SLKWorld a few years ago when he was working some issues. His car is a SLK 300 but I didn't get the year.

Before we could exchange contact info, the light changed. Holding up traffic at a gate off a military post is not a good idea. I was able to take a few poor pics of the encounter. I hope he stops in here and we can connect.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,919 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts