Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may win something for the stupid post of the week, but here goes anyway.
My R170 has the stock cloth/mesh wind deflector that fits over the roll bars and as it's winter I'll be having the roof up for most of the time and wont be needing it.
As you know, there's a pouch on the rear firewall to put it in but i cant work out the magic origami needed to get it to fit in there! It kinda fits but the section with the solid bar just sort of flops over the edge of the pouch, is this right?

I'd take a picture of how it is now but it's dark outside, does anyone have a picture anywhere of the wind deflector correctly put away? Googling for wind deflectors pretty much just shows them in the installed position.

Thanks.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,202 Posts
men can't fold you know. ask a woman how to fold it up

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
I can't remember the one on my R170 having any solid bar in it - it just stayed sealed in it's plastic bag in the centre console - as does my current one.

I wonder if a previous owner has added something to yours?

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
I'm wondering if the pouch that Mat is referring to is the pouch for the first aid kit like we have in the R171's?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,202 Posts
i believe he is. the pouch behind the driver's seat in the r171 and i believe there is one behind the passenger seat in the r170

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
The 170's have a leather or a net type pouch on the back wall of the interior between the seats. That is for holding the soft wind screen. I have a hard time getting mine in the pouch. LOL The soft one will fit you folded in kind of a circle and it should go in the pouch. When I bought one on line it came in a 5x 7 envelope. But I had to give it away it was for a pre-face lift and would not fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that's the bit, thanks Raybon. I have to go to a dealers soon to pick up a small part so I may ask them if they have a secret technique while I'm there!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
finally took a photo, the lighter black part is the pouch, the darker part at the top is the windbreak flopping over the top of it. This may well be correct, but with everything else being so refined, I figured it would actually fit in the pocket!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
finally took a photo, the lighter black part is the pouch, the darker part at the top is the windbreak flopping over the top of it. This may well be correct, but with everything else being so refined, I figured it would actually fit in the pocket!
Hmm.. I thought it was for storing your SLK Manual booklet... =D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That would certainly fit better! But there's a pocket behind each seat low to the ground that seems suitable for that.

Page 122 of the owners guide (125 on the pdf version) states that this pocket is for the wind deflector. It only says "take it out" though, mentions nothing about putting it back!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.