Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been lazy and have not visited the site for some time, but I want you all to know how much you are appreciated . . . just knowing that there is a place to go when troubles arise is a joy. For the most part no major problems, but I do have to remove my headliner today and try and figure out what is wrong with one of the upper locking switches, so good to know, remove the nine screws, slide forward. The odd little problem I have been having is my fuel door solenoid has been "sticky", will spray it with Silicone this afternoon, but found that if I open the little door on the inside of the trunk, pull the red knob and At The Same Time push the key remote, the fuel door opens and I can gas up. Turned 100,000 miles two years ago, 113,000 now. Looking forward to a fun summer, plan at least one, probably two, trips to Boise from Eureka, CA -- I usually cut through the east of Oregon, very nice with the top down, very little traffic and beautiful vistas. So, my Best Wishes to All . . . will let you know how the top/switch problem goes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had my R170 230 for just over a year, having had a BMW Z3 (6pot 2 Ltr) for 5 years, (which is a great car by the way)....but the silky is just that little bit better, a little bit more refined, and a lot less troublesome ( that's done it)!
It's my daily driver, not just sunny days, love driving it, makes the daily commute into work a pleasure, it stands out amongst the other cars in the works car park ( that is, until my mate drives in, in his 1929/30 Ford Model A, all steel, farm truck, complete with flathead V8, old school hotrod).
I am always looking at this forum, for hints and tips...not many entries from me, apart when I 1st got the car to sort out a few little issues, just learning about what to expect and where to find things (the aerial for a start)!...thought someone had nicked it....I just like reading the forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts