Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AND MABEL
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this article in a national newspaper under the headline "Come on, crack a smile! You may live longer."

If you're looking for reasons to be cheerful, then researchers have found one to top your list - happy people live longer.
A 30 year-long study found that miserable people of all ages were 14 % more likely to have died by the end than those with a sunny disposition.
Regardless of income, health or marital status, people who described themselves as "very happy" at the study's outset were more likely to outlive those who said they were " not too happy"
The "not too happy" group were also an average of 6% more likely to have died at any given time than those who said they were merely "pretty happy", the survey of 30,000 adults found.
One possible explanation for happiness aiding longevity is that happier people are better able to handle stress and have a strong network of friends.
Writing in the journal Social Science & Medicine, the team from the University of North Carolina said: "Happiness may provide a route toward more enjoyable and longer lives".
But despite the clear benefits of being upbeat, just a third of those questioned described themselves as "very happy", with pensioners the most contented.
And the researchers warned there was more to a long life and happiness than simply living in a nice neighbourhood and having economic security.

I guess us older smiling SLK owners will do ok then!!! :smile::smile::smile:

·
Premium Member
14,703 Posts
I can not remember the last time I have seen an SLK Owner here the South West smiling going down the Road. Honestly most of them look kinda angry behind the Wheel ....kinda like somebody canceled there MediCare.:|:|

·
AND MABEL
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Twas a very grim faced driver who refused to return my cheery wave the other day...

Now I feel sad for him... because he will not outlive me..'cos I think I smile even in my sleep ..:x
"I think I smile even in my sleep" ... Now that is Happy!! Made me laugh, and, if the article is true, probably added a few more days to my lifespan! :laugh: Thanks Stella!

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
"I think I smile even in my sleep" ... Now that is Happy!! Made me laugh, and, if the article is true, probably added a few more days to my lifespan! :laugh: Thanks Stella!
You're welcome Davie..

I am renowned for being cheerful...always have been... can always find a silver lining and my glass is always half-full (at least)..:x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts