Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to Jeff or one of the mods.

As suggested by dbslk350

One sure way to tell is to ask Jeff or a moderator for your datacard based on your vin, should be very specific.

My Vin/Chassis/Frame No is WDB1704492F307739

I would be most grateful as the colour code on the driver door pillar states C723 which translates as either Pewter Silver Metallic or Cubanite Silver Metallic.

Thank you.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,735 Posts
Standby...

·
92,735 Posts
Here ya go!!

Attachments

·
92,735 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You should be getting your data card shortly along with greetings from the other members.
Enjoy the top down ride.
:D

Welcome him in his intro thread if you haven't

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here ya go!!
Thank you very much jb. It is certainly a rather technical collection of details and the reference to my paint code would appear simply to be Paintwork 1 723.

Perhaps the reference to a colour by name at the paint suppliers would depend entirely on the location/country that the vehicle is exported to.

·
Super Moderator
24,097 Posts
Thank you very much jb. It is certainly a rather technical collection of details and the reference to my paint code would appear simply to be Paintwork 1 723.

Perhaps the reference to a colour by name at the paint suppliers would depend entirely on the location/country that the vehicle is exported to.
Forget the paint code.
Your car is ~15 years old.
Even the best kept car will not have original paint colour (fade, oxidation, overcleaning etc).
Better to get it colour coded by an expert.

You 'might' get away with minor touch up, but definitely test out of sight first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts