Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start it off with Macman's Pioneer 4000nex thread.
Please add yours if you wish with as much info as possible like

make, model of your car
what comand head unit like NT2.5, if any or audio 20,30, etc you replaced
Supply your link to your thread if you posted one with maybe your review.
Supply a link to where you bought it if you can.

http://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/212385-pioneer-4000nex.html

·
92,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
92,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
11 Posts
JB,
What about harnesses?
In Brazil we have European cars. Ive heard there is a wiring diffrence between US and ROW cars. Were can I buy "good stuff" for MB in EU? Dietz?
If i get their steering wheel interface and get a HU with bluetooth, do the phone buttons work?
Since my car is HUI phone wired, cant i make use of the original mic?
Mine is audio 20. Is there plug differnces among them? Dietz is not very clear abou that. Please see what they have and if im on the right path:
This is what they offer to convert the MB plug to an aftermarket:
Harness for CAN 4.+ 5. generation MERCEDES - Audiotechnik Dietz - Online Shop

Or, and i cant tell the difference:

Harness for CAN 4.+ 5. generation MERCEDES - Audiotechnik Dietz - Online Shop

Interface for steering buttons:
CAN BUS Universalinterface 5th.Generation "One interface for mor - Audiotechnik Dietz - Online Shop

Conector to a Kenwood:
KENWOOD steering wheel adaptor for interfaces 66030 - Audiotechnik Dietz - Online Shop

The rest would be a antenna adaptor and the panel trim/facia.

Is it pretty much?

·
92,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know nada but I do know we have tons of threads. Use that world famous search feature until someone takes pity on you :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
'06 SLK350
Had the COMAND/Harmon Kardon system, replaced the head unit only with a Pioneer 7100NEX. There is an adaptor that converts the audio from the 4 speakers of any head unit to the fiber optic MOST ring to send to the HK Amp/Speakers. Used a local sound shop for the install and they did a fantastic job. Pictures to come later.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
'06 SLK350
Had the COMAND/Harmon Kardon system, replaced the head unit only with a Pioneer 7100NEX. There is an adaptor that converts the audio from the 4 speakers of any head unit to the fiber optic MOST ring to send to the HK Amp/Speakers. Used a local sound shop for the install and they did a fantastic job. Pictures to come later.......
Tks, SoundMan!
Mine is not HK. So, Im understending the sound 20 has the amp built in.
The issue is I have to take the oportunity that Im schedule to visit USA to buy this whole thing. Get things online to be shippe in Brazil is absolutely proibitive costwise. Im undersatnding that i have to order all harnesses in Europe while the HU can be ordered in USA. Its one shot only.... Thats why im watti for good soul to audit my choices (above)...?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Headunit for R171

06 SLK280
I had the A20 system in my car. I replaced it with a Pioneer 7000NEX.
Had it done by a professional installer but it doesn't appear difficult. It really is nice to now have bluetooth, satellite radio, HD radio, and cd/dvd capability. The install looks as though it is original and really cleans up the looks of the instrument panel in my opinion. (just my opinion)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
'06 SLK350
Do you happen to know the adapter manufacturer and part number for the converter? Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
@SoundMan: Can you provide with more info on this adapter (Where to buy in Germany or europe, Cost et..) as I would like to replace my NGT1 with Harmon Kardon with a Kenwood DNX4150BT. Many Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
07 SLK280 r171
I replaced my Audio 20 with a Pioneer SPH-DA120;
The items I bought for this installation includes:
1) Axxess (Metra) ASWC-1
2) Metra XSVI-9005-NAV
3) Metra 40-EU10 antenna to radio adapter cable ($6)
Free shipping and costs less than half from Amazon and Ebay;
BestBuy and other places in the area want to charge me an arm & a leg (installation fee per item, eg. $20 for snapping on an antenna adapter and plug it into the unit, less than 5 seconds to install. In addition, they jack up the price of the item form $6 to $17; additional $100 since the unit "display video" WTF, the wiring is the same with the harness, seriously?! $100 for ASWC-1 + $100 for installation; $100 for XSVI-9005 + $100 installation; $$ for e-brake installation (I stopped listening to the guy telling me all these ridiculous charges); $$ for updating firmware; $$$ for optic rewiring BS; etc, etc. I am not a professional and it took me less than an hour to install. Awesome unit. The sound is amazing. Love it. Thanks to all the guys in this forum for sure!!!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
This Jeff, so my data card say s 5.5. So I'm screwed so I have to replace the whole head unit and everything. I was really trying to not have to do this... Oh well... More $$$$ for me...
Not necessarily. There are things like this, this ,or this .
All of them a lot cheaper than a new headunit. Had the Fiscon myself, worked perfectly, installed and all for something like $350 if my memory serves me right.

·
92,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
997 Posts
@SoundMan: Can you provide with more info on this adapter (Where to buy in Germany or europe, Cost et..) as I would like to replace my NGT1 with Harmon Kardon with a Kenwood DNX4150BT. Many Thanks in advance.
I am looking into this as well, this might be it.
https://avinusa.com/mercedes-most-interface.html
or
http://www.auto-electronics.com/index.php/dynavin-n6-most.html
They both claim only for their radios, sounds odd to me. 2 aftermarket specific adapters to fiber that are only for 1 radio?

One more EDIT
http://trendcar.trustpass.alibaba.com/product/50006934900-230221221/Amplifier_adapter_for_Mercedes_BMW_Porsche.html#!
better description, looks like it will work with all equipment intact, and you can add another!
http://trendcar.trustpass.alibaba.com/product/50027309450-0/Special_decoder_Adapter_for_Mercedes_G_class_Gelandewagen_with_HARMAN_KARDON.html
This looks like the other one, so they have to be generic, just trying to get you to but their radio.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So I still haven't bought a replacement stereo! I can't make my mind up. I know I don't need DVD player, (for goodness sake, I'm driving not likely to watch a film!!!). I want the interface with my phone so hands free, spotify from my phone etc.
I was looking at the Pioneer mentioned earlier. I live in Manchester U.K. and don't want to ruin anything in my car by exploring too much. plug and play is the order of the day, and I would like the interface to work with the steering wheel controls too. Will I need extra kit for that? any recommendations? Please help, I need to get this sorted, I've had my car over a year now!! :crying:

·
Registered
172 Posts
i have the S160 from here RoadNavi ? Auto fun
everything works regarding steering wheel controls.sygic is free......easy to fit.looks like it belongs in the car.sounds good....... and i dont watch dvd's either, so i dont watch dvd's, simples.....but you can put 4gb worth of mp3's on a dvd and use it as further media playback storage....! i'm very happy with it, and i'm a fussy bugger..

·
92,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 182 Posts