Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Lots of posts about failing heating elements in the seat base, but no real instructions about fitting the aftermarket carbon heating element as a replacement. I know people have done it, but I wonder if anyone could give me a step by step guide to give to my auto trimmer. The wiring, in particular, is a worry - I presume that I can just splice it into the original element loom?

Any and all help appreciated....

Ian

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thankyou Jeff, your guidance is appreciated.
All of that info is good, but my uncertainty centres around the fitment of the aftermarket element in place of the original, where to cut the element etc, and the splicing of the new wiring in to the main loom - wherabouts, is it actually necessary etc?

Thanks
Ian

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
Ian, if someone has it, hopefully they will jump in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jeff. I finally found what I was looking for to a tee. A UK colleague has done a write up, with pics on this forum. Won't allow me to post the link, but the thread name is 'Lower heated seat element', if that helps other forum users....
Ian

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
maybe. i posted the link above. is that it

you using a pc or a tablet/smartphone?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.