Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am adding the fine details to my euro trip and have decided to do the Stelvio, Italia to Dornach, Switzerland road R) on the way home. Also known as the Stelvio Pass I believe Top Gear have done it. Has anyone done this?

I am also thinking of doing a video of it so any cam mount tips as I want a froward view :tu:

M

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Ok so I am adding the fine details to my euro trip and have decided to do the Stelvio, Italia to Dornach, Switzerland road R) on the way home. Also known as the Stelvio Pass I believe Top Gear have done it. Has anyone done this?

I am also thinking of doing a video of it so any cam mount tips as I want a froward view :tu:

M
I use a vacuum mount, which can be stuck on various parts of the car - boot lid, front wings etc. Check out thisvideo:-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stelvio Pass warning - check its not closed!

M
Did a tour of Europe in May and diverted to drive the Stelvio Pass in a 993 Turbo but it was very closed, large trucks trundling up and down with very large rocks.

We went round the barrier and drove as far up as we could, but had to do a three point turn and retreat whole road was blocked.

It is very narrow, lots of heavy braking and tight turns, the main (bypass) road was actually much more flowing, smoother, better for driving progressively and easier on the car. So you can still have fun with it closed, plus driving through Switzerland in the summer is awesome scenery. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts