Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to replace my Interstate Battery after only less than 2.5 years. Tech told me I had a drain on the system, but would replace the battery under warranty (Good call, Mr.).

I know this car inside and out after 11yrs, so I wasn't buying I had a drain on the electrical system, but told him I'd check it out. And, I'm getting about 13.5V out of the alternator, which isn't great, but isn't my problem.

Anyway, in static state, I'm drawing about 100mA. Even with the interior light being on, I'm only drawing about 800mA. I want to say my battery issue was just that...the battery. But, I'd like to satisfy my curiosity and ask if anyone happens to know what the normal static drain is on the battery for the R170. I say normal, because I have some mods that do draw some current when it is sitting, but that doesn't add up to anything more 25mA or so at best. And certainly wouldn't cause the battery to drain to 5V after sitting for a couple of days.

Comments?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
do you use a battery charger/tender/trickle charger?
you should.
floriduh humidity used to make my battery go dead every 2 years. been on ctek 4.3 last 2 years and starting voltage at 13.5. I charge weekly

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you use a battery charger/tender/trickle charger?
you should.
floriduh humidity used to make my battery go dead every 2 years. been on ctek 4.3 last 2 years and starting voltage at 13.5. I charge weekly
No, I don't. I know that's not a bad idea, especially now that we're in AZ. I'm told a battery likely only lasts a few years at best here in the desert without any kind of special attention, i.e. trickle charging. Though, the idea of constantly connecting and disconnecting a charger isn't all that appealing to me...chalk it up to laziness, I suppose.

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
i use the quick connect. connects in 5 seconds.
let me get you Dr eddy's thread

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.