Mercedes SLK World banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered 2003 SLK320
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
thanks - I was assuming that it would be enough to fit one with the right part number. there are quite a few around for 230ks and 200s with a range of part numbers on, seen a few that match mine. Trouble with getting a 'full set' for a 320 is availability :( I'm on the hunt for a 320 that's maybe an MOT failure that i can get cheap and use for spares... there's a few other bits and bobs i need - including a new speaker grille after and incident at the weekend when working on this issue! (i860 may have heard me swear!) ?

·
Registered 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
2,593 Posts
Hi, Yes sadly, like most things on MB's it is never usually that simple.

A Parts Car is always a very good idea ;)

To compound it all, when I got deep into the V8 Conversion I realised one of the 3 major reasons why almost everyone else has failed, ..............

The V6 R170 has a unique Starting / Cranking / Cruise / LIM Circuitry within it's ECU (compared to all other MB's).
That said the one thing all MB's with an Immo, (mostly 1996 onwards), have in common is that once the Immo parts are programmed to match, they can be started 40 times and then they lock and cannot be reprogrammed on SDS using Mercedes Methods.

Due to working on MB's over many years now, I have amassed a fair old idea of what can and cannot be done with a Mercedes, but, still, every day working with these Cars I learn at least one thing I didn't know :ROFLMAO:

(y)

41 - 42 of 42 Posts