Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Small update dont know if it makes any difference but my roof still works even though the abs light is still on ?

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,787 Posts
Small update dont know if it makes any difference but my roof still works even though the abs light is still on ?
That probably rules out the rear wheel speed sensors being at fault :unsure:

If you want to play 'parts darts', without any codes/diagnostics to go on at this stage and given that you had to jump on the brake pedal, I'd suspect the brake light switch to be at fault .. they are notorious for causing issues, are relatively inexpensive, and you will end up changing it one day ..

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Quite strange but the battery was dead this morning put my snap on charger on it and it was fine but I'm guessing the battery is shot as this is the 2 and time it's been flat after leaving the car for a few days, think I'll change the brake light sensor anyway just to be on the safe side as they are only £ 10 from euro car oarts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well after playing with the old lady today i find the gearbox has gone I to limp mode, having had a panick attack i reset the ecu and all is fine, but I find myself starting to wonder if I would have been better buying another xkr after all the money I'm spending on this slk lol

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
8 Posts
If I were you, I'd give a shot at assembling a Star diagnostic system (C3). I think with a decent amount of help, you could get it down t around $200.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm looking into getting a star system but as it stands a new battery and my basic code reader seems to gave solved the problem for the time being but time will tell

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
246 Posts
It´s nice to see and read about someone else bringing back a 320.
I got my car delivered to me in the beginning of January this year and she have been on trestles most of the time since then.
But she has been one the roads once a while during this time and I´m almost done.
Today I fitted the new summertires and this weekend I plan to install rear speakers.
What´s left after that is a wheel-alignment and try to figure out my first problem that I posted about here.. the interior light :)

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
  1. Well seeing as my slk is at my parents house and they are in quarantine for the next 12 weeks my restoration has ground to a halt, but on the plus side by the time I can work on her again I'll have the money for a full respray and rear led lights then she'll be pretty much finished, and I'll be a proud mid life crisis owner lol ???ready for all the meets when the madness has ended

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
246 Posts
Yes, this Corona is making life difficult for everyone, hope they are ok.

But the part with the mid life crisis.. lol .. I think it´s the same thing here.
I´m single and my children have moved out so it´s time for me to have fun :)

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well it has been a while since posting anything, I have done very little to the old girl recently other than touching up the centre console. I guess the reason for this post is just to say I hope all our fellow members are staying safe and well.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well it has been a while since posting anything, I have done very little to the old girl recently other than touching up the centre console. I guess the reason for this post is just to say I hope all our fellow members are staying safe and well.
Well today I was told I own a hair dressers car to which I replied I.drive a 3.2 litre v6 convertible 215 plus bhp with a stainless exhaust system that sounds awesome, what do you drive a insignia 2litre diesel twat, I then pointed out my other car was 200bhp jaguar and I chose my slk because it's a luxurious convertible unlike his Vauxhall saloon

21 - 34 of 34 Posts