Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that there is a 38-pin diagnostic socket on my "new" 320, and was wondering if anyone knows what tests can be performed using this socket vs using the 16-pin OBDII port? If anyone else has Xentry, I'd love to hear any tips particular to the R170.

Thanks

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,325 Posts
I see that there is a 38-pin diagnostic socket on my "new" 320, and was wondering if anyone knows what tests can be performed using this socket vs using the 16-pin OBDII port? If anyone else has Xentry, I'd love to hear any tips particular to the R170.
Thanks
I am fairly sure there is nothing more that can be done. That connection point was a carry over from when the diagnostic tools required such a connection - prior to OBDII. Connect Star SDS/DAS to the OBDII port and you will have everything that can be done. Remember that the MB Star Diagnostic System(SDS)/Diagnosis Assistance System (DAS)/Xentry system (all names for the same system) is really several diagnostic systems in one. If the car requires the old HHT system it will default to that, just as it will default to DAS for cars that use it, and the Xentry system for the newest cars that use it.

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
Ditto...

Most of the 170 stuff used the HHT software - it's clunky (compared to the later models), but works ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts