Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I recently got my hands on a Star C3 setup, and the seller was very helpful with reading codes etc. However, I have a small problem with the car now whereby I need to get live engine data. Unfortunately, I wasn't shown how to get it. Can anyone lead me in the right direction please?

The specific problem is hesitation and surging/flat spots on rapid acceleration, especially on kick down. I have cleaned the MAF, which helped a little, but the problem is still there. I thought that if maybe a coil pack was breaking down, or maybe a misfire, that it would show up on Star, which would show me where to go next.

Any help would be gratefully received.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,223 Posts
Hi all. I recently got my hands on a Star C3 setup, and the seller was very helpful with reading codes etc. However, I have a small problem with the car now whereby I need to get live engine data. Unfortunately, I wasn't shown how to get it. Can anyone lead me in the right direction please?

The specific problem is hesitation and surging/flat spots on rapid acceleration, especially on kick down. I have cleaned the MAF, which helped a little, but the problem is still there. I thought that if maybe a coil pack was breaking down, or maybe a misfire, that it would show up on Star, which would show me where to go next.

Any help would be gratefully received.
Just do a Quick Test and that will report all fault codes your car currently has in each of the control modules in the car. Some faults may be old and others more recent. The test will also provide you with Events - which are not true faults, but reports of something isn't quite right but not yet a fault.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts