Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered NO SLK but an SL 550
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chrome on my steering wheel trim was starting to peel causing some sharp edges to appear. Not wanting to slice my finger I purchased a new ring. I found a video showing me how to remove/replace. I did that with the exception of not disconnecting the battery. I figure the crash sensor switch acts pretty much like an open circuit breaker. In any event, I completed the procedure and all the buttons are working fine. The problem is that I now have an left front SRS failure message and a constant warning light on the dash. I suspect that had I disconnected the battery ( couldn't find the darn thing ! ) I would not have this problem.
Question is, any suggestions to erase the warning without going to the dealer and having them run a $100 diagnostic? I am willing to buy an OBD II reader, but it must be Mac compatible. I have another unused Actron in a drawer that requires a Windows interface.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered 2006 SLK350 sold/now 2018 SL400
301 Posts
Try to find a my local indie. IIRC Autoelite in Hull only charged me £40 for the last scan. Or you could take a look at the icarsoft MB II which retails at around £136
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts